Thursday, January 24, 2013

Earthly or eternal?...

God is on the move, but where do we go? What do we do next? What is it going to take for the church to see that it is not about big, fancy buildings? Or how much nice stuff we can get? When are people that are saved going to realize that it is no longer about us? If we've been saved, our ticket is punched. We are going to heaven, but we can't just sit down and say forget everyone else. Jesus called us to follow him and to be better than what we were. He commissioned us to go unto all the world. We must reach others. it is all about the lost!

So, why do most Christians hide behind the walls of their church? Why do they drive into their garage and never show Gods love to even their closest neighbors? Why is a Christian in the United States more worried about the American dream than they are the Heavenly dream? The "church" is not about million dollar buildings, or pastors with mansions and luxury cars. The church is the people that follow Christ, and I think it is time we demand that our leaders quit washing down the gospel and slap us in the face with the truth: it is not easy to follow Christ.

Everyone knows that things here on earth are temporary. So why not build up an eternal treasure? I think it's because we can't see through death's veil. We can't see what's on the other side, so we become enamored with comforts here. We have to have faith that what we are doing here is building up eternal comforts in the presence of our all-mighty, loving God! I will endure hardship here in this temporary life so that I can enjoy an eternity of bliss with Jesus. I will do all that I can to take as many people with me that I can.

God please don't let me fail you. Help me to grow daily in my faith in you. Help me to get past my own insecurities and wants to unabashedly follow you and spread your salvation throughout the world. Here I am, send me!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Message Spencer, thanks for sharing this! I so agree, I much more want to store up treasures in heaven and have my heart let go of treasures here on earth! "looking for a city who's builder and maker is the Lord!" In Christ,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete